Our CSA program is about connecting the community with the health of the land through local, organic produce. But we also want to take care of people in our community that may not have access to healthy food.
We donate monthly to Lunch on Me, a grass roots organization that redistributes organic produce and organic meals to people who would otherwise not have access to food. The program also creates job opportunities and community to build a better future. Visit their site at lunchonme.org.
We have partnered with Veggie Rescue, an amazing non profit organization, to really get extra produce where it belongs: into our food banks, our local homeless shelters and beyond. Veggie Rescue has delivered hudreds of thousands of pounds of produce to hungry people in Santa Barbara County.
When the farm has excess food we also frequent the Santa Barbara Food Bank to make sure they are stocked up. One in four people need food assistance in Santa Barbara County, and the Food Bank serves those in need. They offer nutrition programs, food education, and disaster preparedness programs.
Becoming a part of our CSA not only ensures that you have the best of seasonal eating, it also contributes directly back to the community that you live in. Feel free to contact us with any outreach opportunities.
Press (for Something Good Organics! and John Givens Farm)
- March 30, 2020: Alena Steen, Coastal View, Building local food systems and self-sufficiency in response to COVID-19
- October 20, 2019: Madeline Given, Madeline Nutrition, A Look Into the Heart of Something Good Organics
- December 8, 2018: Katie Haq, Noozhawk, "Hearst Foundation Awards $100,000 to Sansum Diabetes Research Institute"
- March 7, 2014: David Karp, LA Times, John Givens recommends plump, vibrant green sugar snaps.
- May 2, 2013: A. Domenighini, John Givens Farm. Photos of some work at the farm.
- December 29, 2012: David Karp, LA Times, Farmers Markets: The Best of Early Winter. Snap peas!
- July 28, 2012: Julia Louis-Dreyfus's photostream: Photo of Carolyn and Brody and the stand.
- July 25, 2012: Rachel Hommel, the Santa Barbara Independent: Brody Thompson interview.
- July 12, 2012: Hollye Jacobs, The Silver Pen, Something Good Organics Is Something Great!
- Fall/Winter 2011: Nancy Ransohoff, Santa Barbara Seasons Magazine, Farmer's Market Profile.
- May 26, 2011: Sharon Long, farmersmarket.com: John Givens Farm -- Making a Case for Saving Farmland, Feeding Families.
- Feb 20, 2011: David Karp (photo), Los Angeles Times: Sugar snap peas photograph and Farm stand photograph.
- Dec 26, 2010: David Karp (photo), Los Angeles Times: Italian parsley photograph, Sugar snap peas photograph and Carrot photograph.
- August 23, 2009: David Karp (photo), Los Angeles Times: Farm Stand photograph.
Copyright 2015-2020 Something Good! Organics. All rights reserved | Design by W3layouts | Search powered by FreeFind